TD-27 V-Drums BLUETOOTH AUDIO
The Bluetooth feature of the Roland TD-27 V-Drums allows cable-free connection between smartphones to the TD-27 module.
You can even the incoming Bluetooth audio stream together with your kit performance.
See how to record with the Bluetooth audio function here
Recommended Article: Drummer’s Guide to the TD-27
This WAV file recording can then be exported onto SD Card for further editing or layered up with a video for the best quality performance video.
Follow these simple steps to connect a Bluetooth device and record the performance.
- Turn on Bluetooth in the TD-27 Bluetooth function under SETUP-Bluetooth-ON
- Turn on Bluetooth on your portable/streaming device and choose TD-27 AUDIO as the device
- Confirm the TD-27 reports as “CONNECTED” and the Bluetooth indicator lights on the module
- Start audio on the device and press the round [RECORD ‘O’] button on the module
- When done, press [PLAY/STOP] on the module
- Press the function button (EXPORT) to save the recording to SD Card to the ‘REC’ folder
Apps like GarageBand for iPhone can use this MIDI data to capture and trigger software at the same time as capturing the sound. Simply choose the TD-27 as both the MIDI and audio devices in the App.
The TD-27 coaching functions are designed to help improve your internal rhythm by providing real-time feedback on how you are doing.
Here are the modes and how they can help you make your technique shine.
Play along to the click monitoring your timing in real-time.
At the end of a user selected amount of bars, you are given a score.
In the TD-27 COACH MENU screen, press the [F1] (TIME CHECK) button
Mastering the quiet count mode involves finding a comfortable posture, aiming for a consistent stick height and hitting position and playing with a relaxed and repeatable groove.
In the TD-27 COACH MENU screen, press the [F2] (QUIET COUNT) button.
In WARM UPS mode you’ll successively practice steps 1–3, be graded on your performance at each step and then receive a final evaluation.
You can choose one of three courses (5/10/15 minutes), ranging from easy to difficult.
You can also adjust the tempo according to your level of skill.
In the COACH MENU screen (p. 11), press the [F3] (WARM UPS) button.